Tuesday, April 12, 2011

i apologize....i have neglected y'all.  and i am sorry.  life is busy but that's no excuse....
here's what i have been up to.  the other day i went to an art auction.  i purchased a painting b/c i love the artist a lot.  it's her first original work.
i was kind of taken aback when i turned over the painting and saw exactly what the artist's subject matter was:
as far as i know, i don't own any orange unitards but apparently taylor thinks i would look nice in one.
i also went to metrolina a couple of weekends ago.  i have to admit, i have been spoiled by scott's.  i only walked away w/ a painting (not the one above).  but on the way home, we stopped by the stark outlet.  my home desperately needs rugs.  i saw "outlet" so i thought i would score an amazing deal.  i fell in love w/ this bad boy:
it was a carpet remnant that happens to be 12' x whatever you want to cut and bind it.....the only problem is she's real expensive.  the word "outlet" basically means out of my budget.  which makes me sad b/c i looked at the rug in this picture and low and behold, it's the same one:
we were totally meant to be...and the colors couldn't work better. *sigh*
to make up for the rug that's out of my price range, i bought this piece.
world market, on sale....i like her.  and the box serves as entertainment for the kiddos...i told them it was a boat.  it worked for about 20 minutes.
sunday was house "work day"....we did some rearranging (i moved the stools to the LR)....and finally hung the pictures throughout the house that have been sitting on the floor for 3 months.
that's what's going on here....hope y'all have a happy tuesday!!

*image of bedroom is courtesy of veranda

16 comments:

bryn alexandra said...

oh girl - you should have emailed me! I would have told you Metrolina was not worth the gas money to drive here ;) I definitely want to go to Scott's someday!

shannon said...

Looks beautiful! And knowing even an interior designer lets art sit on the floor for 3 months is definitely a comfort :)

la la Lovely said...

I'd want that rug too... love the console.. That just might go on my list!!!
xo Trina

www.laurajamesjewelry.com said...

What an amazing art purchase! She has a bright future ahead as an artist or anything else she dreams to she may want to be!

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely days!
And your kids in the box! Priceless!
xoxo
V.

style-for-style said...

wow I really love that rug, I hate when that happens, why are rugs sooooo expensive

Kathy said...

I love the console and the mirror, where did you get it?

My Interior Life said...

Love the original artwork (including the orange unitard - too funny), and your house looks beautiful! Don't you just love World Market?

Julie said...

Her painting is precious! lol!

tarheel said...

wasn't metrolina dreadful? years ago it was worthing going, but now it is the pits. And I too had a Stark outlet experience. I even dragged my husband there, quite sure I'd waltz out with something divine, but everything was way too expensive. very sad. But your house looks great, and your artist is the best.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

love the artwork... the rug... and the WM table!

midesigngroup@cox.net said...

Love the console table! I can definitely relate to having art hanging around and not hanging it. I think interior designers can easily do for others but have a hard time doing for ourselves!

Casey said...

You have quite the artist! And I hear unitards are back in this season...

Love all of your inspiration!! And I might have to head over to world market tomorrow... love that table.

Grant K. Gibson said...

I just adore your updates.
They make me happy!

Jessica Claire said...

loooove the upholstered stool! where is it from?

also will always be a sucker for any greek keys by stark - used it in a project last year and I get jealous everytime I make a site visit

lborovick said...

You should check out the rugs on One Kings Lane today. There is one similar to the one that you like.
Lee'Or