Thursday, January 10, 2008

pink is my favorite color




i have a problem...i am obsessed by the color pink. i don't know exactly when this happened. i feel like when i was a little girl my favorite color was purple...isn't this when your love for pink is suppose to develop? well, mine hit probably right after i got married. i noticed all of my clothing was pink...a turtleneck (wow, that sounded so conservative), a patagonia jacket, a pair of pink cords, pink high heels, pink bum around pants, pink dresses...my husband started banning me from buying anything that was pink...he would say "one day you are going to hate this color and you will be looking in your closet and be so sad b/c that's all you own." i think that made me want the color even more (you know when someone tells you not to do something, it makes you crave it even more)...so i started my own company and what do i do? i have my logo designed...pink and chocolate brown...business cards, letterhead, and envelopes. next, i get pregnant and what do i find out- its a girl...so naturally, i fill the room w/ pink! i can't help it. finally, i start a blog...what's the name PINK wallpaper. so i confess...my name is shannon and i have a problem. i want to live in a sea of pink. just when i thought i could move on from this color, i found myself telling my husband last night "i think i want to paint my desk pink"...he rolled his eyes and said you have got to be kidding me......



10 comments:

CMG said...

Hi! Love your blog. Dream about how I can change and make my house better while I waste away in front of my computer at work!

I too am obsessed with the color pink and at 29, it is only getting stronger. My kitchen is bubblegum pink, all the shirts I want to wear everyday are the same, my laptop bag, almost any piece of art I pink up. The only thing I declined in pink was my cell phone. I have a motorola pebl and I picked the green instead of pink. (Not sure why, guess I wanted my phone to stand out from all the razors. Made my mom get the pink razor though!)

below is a link to a picture of my tree in my backyard that I live to see in bloom!
http://chrissy.smugmug.com/gallery/3312637#184111244

Anonymous said...

my growing love for pink follows the same path as yours. my favorite color growing up was also purple but i also liked turquoise a lot too. then around the time i turned 20 everything started to turn pink. i don't know what happened. i used to be a tom boy. i used to hate all things girly. i think it started with a t-shirt. it was like one day i woke up and it hit me what a happy color pink is. i look through rose colored sunglasses. my phone is pink. ipod: pink. bedroom: pink. slippers: pink. wardrobe: pink. it surrounds me. not that there's anything wrong with that.

beachgrl said...

My sister who loves shabby chic and pink sent me a link to the Cottage of the month. I think you would like her pinks too.
http://theoldpaintedcottage.com/cottagemonth.html

style and grace said...

I love that pink/brown toile fabric!!! What a great room!

Tricia said...

Ha! I am not the only one banned from a color. Although mine is brown. Not nearly as fun as pink. Clothes. Couch. Walls (although they are variations...khakis, dark metallic golds, chocolates). I painted the children's gameroom one day. Pink, green, and you guessed it BROWN. That is when I got banned. No more brown in this house.

But the pink desk, that rocks.

Laura said...

If pink is wrong, I don't want to be right! My husband has a little too much say in our decor (he's an architect) so I make sure to fill my closets and drawers with pink, so it's always there when I need it.

Mélanie said...

I knew before reading this post ..that pink was your favorite color. i'm pretty clever , am I not ?
Pink is my favorite color too ...so bright and girlie

TIG said...

I'm completely pink obsessed as well, and for as long as I can remember. I remember being 12 and realizing that my room and entire closet were pink . . .

Anonymous said...

Think Pink :-)

Pink Mama said...

Love the third pic. I too love the color pink.